In order to spread the word about diversity, we feel it is necessary to be a central resource for as much information as possible. We hope that by investigating these links and resources on the dangers of gentrification and the benefits of cultural diversity, you will find the answers you need. We also offer a wide variety of resources that deal with explaining what gentrification is and helping you to understand how gentrification is destroying specific communities around the country.
The goal for our organization is to slow or stop the progress of gentrification and get communities to focus on enhancing the resources they already have. When neighborhoods work together to make their areas better places to live, then everyone benefits. The best way to fight back on gentrification is to make it unnecessary for reviving an area. Once the residents of an area take it into their own hands to improve their neighborhoods and bring in prosperity, then gentrification is only seen as the destructive force that it is.
Thank you for spending time on our website and learning more about this important topic. We hope that you find these resources helpful and valuable.
- The Closest Look Yet at Gentrification and Displacement
- Why Is Gentrification a Problem? (PDF)
- Gentrification, Abandonment, and Displacement: Connections, Causes, and Policy Responses in New York City (PDF)
- Gentrification and Racial Representation: A Comparative Analysis (PDF)
- Urban Redevelopment and Gentrification: How Will Hartford’s Downtown North/Downtown West Master Plan Affect Adjacent Neighborhoods? (PDF)
- Health Effects of Gentrification
- Alternatives to Gentrification in the East of the Riverway (PDF)
- Gentrification and the Artistic Dividend: The Role of the Arts in Neighborhood Change (PDF)
- Housing a Changing City: Boston 2030 (PDF)
- The Importance of Cultural Diversity in Health Care
- Diversity in the Classroom
- Lesson to Celebrate Diversity: The Unity Necklace
- Games Around the World
- It’s Okay to Be Different: Teaching Diversity With Todd Parr
- The Benefits of Racial and Ethnic Diversity in Elementary and Secondary Education (PDF)
- Best Practices for Managing Organizational Diversity (PDF)
- Celebrating Diversity (PDF)
- The National Diversity Council
- The Society for Diversity
- National Urban League